As a land of fashion, food and technology, there are so many rich and colorful activities to explore in Japan. This dream country is trying to maintain a great contrast between modern and traditional over the decades. Then, Toplifefood will introduce to you 10 best things to do in japan for your first time travel.
Japan’s cities are incredibly progressive and daring, with futuristic architecture, fast-paced life, and everything tech-savvy. But as you explore the rest of the country, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to touch traditional beauties – sleeping on a mat, dressing like a Geisha or sipping matcha. So, if you love traveling, then, let’s discover together with Toplifefood now!
- 1 1. Best Things To Do In Japan – Climbing Mount Fuji
- 2 2. Best Things To Do In Japan – Take the Shinkansen to Kanazawa
- 3 3. Best Things To Do In Japan – Sign up for a sushi making class in Tokyo
- 4 4. Best Things To Do In Japan – Walk through the neon lights of Dotonbori in Osaka
- 5 5. Best Things To Do In Japan – See snow monkeys bathing in a natural hot spring bath at Jigokudani Monkey Park
- 6 6. Best Things To Do In Japan – Hiking through the Arashiyama bamboo forest
- 7 7. Best Things To Do In Japan – Stroll through the streets of Naoshima Island
- 8 8. Best Things To Do In Japan – Dive underwater in Okinawa
- 9 9. Best Things To Do In Japan – Sightseeing Shin-Yokohama Ramen Museum
- 10 10. Best Things To Do In Japan – Walk around Golden Gai’s golden district.
1. Best Things To Do In Japan – Climbing Mount Fuji
The first highest recommended activity on the list of best things to do in japan is definitely visiting the most famous mountain here. If you have good health and want to conquer, why not climb Mount Fuji. For those of you who are passionate about Trekking, Fuji will definitely be the most ideal mountain to choose for your next travel to Japan.
As the highest and most famous mountain in Japan, Mount Fuji offers a one-of-a-kind experience – watching the sunrise from the clouds. There are four options: Yoshida, Subashiri, Gotemba, and Fujinomiya. These paths range from zigzagging to having very steep inclines and topographies. Beside, please noted that from early July through mid-September is the climbing season.
2. Best Things To Do In Japan – Take the Shinkansen to Kanazawa
Known for their safety, punctuality and high speed, the trains travel at more than 200km/h, connecting the city to another important city. Tokyo and Kanazawa are directly connected to the JR Hokuriku Shinkansen.
As one of Japan’s best preserved Edo period cities, Kanazawa is known for its Kenrokuen aesthetic, Kanazawa Cultural Castle, and Higashi Chaya Cultural District.
3. Best Things To Do In Japan – Sign up for a sushi making class in Tokyo
Sushi is a traditional Japanese dish, becoming increasingly popular in the international culinary scene. With endless combinations of ingredients and presentation styles, sushi embodies the creativity and sophistication of the Japanese hand.
Signing up for a sushi making class in Tokyo is one of the best things about coming to Japan. Tokyo offers a wide variety of sushi classes, including some basic sushi such as Nigiri, Inari and sushi rolls. Mayuko’s and YUCa’s mini cooking classes are among the best rated.
4. Best Things To Do In Japan – Walk through the neon lights of Dotonbori in Osaka
The vibrant and energetic Dotonbori in Osaka’s Namba district is a major tourist attraction.
In Dotonbori, you can sample the famous cheesecake at PABLO, take a relaxing Tonbori river cruise, enjoy deep-fried katsu at Daruma or take a few check-in pictures in front of the Running Man sign.
If you want to travel in the beautiful city of Osaka – one of the three largest economic centers in Japan. This place is in the top of the most prosperous cities in the country. Then, you can refer to Best Things to Do in Osaka or The 6 Best Things To Do In Osaka In Winter
5. Best Things To Do In Japan – See snow monkeys bathing in a natural hot spring bath at Jigokudani Monkey Park
Located inside the Yokoyu River valley, Jigokudani is home to Japan’s snow monkeys.
The park is buried in snow for almost a third of the year, but it’s the only place in the world where you can watch snow monkeys bathe in hot springs. In addition to tourists, this place is also frequented by ecological researchers and photographers.
6. Best Things To Do In Japan – Hiking through the Arashiyama bamboo forest
Located in the western suburbs of Kyoto, Arashiyama Bamboo Forest has several paths that run through the natural bamboo forest. You can rent a bicycle or go for a walk in the forest and enjoy the view of the sun shining through the bamboo groves. Outside the forest, you can shop for items such as baskets and boxes made of bamboo.
7. Best Things To Do In Japan – Stroll through the streets of Naoshima Island
Located in the Seto Inland Sea, Naoshima Island is famous for its art, architecture, museums, cool weather, and wild lifestyle.
A top destination for art lovers, this island will make your trip perfect. Chichu Museum, Art House Project, Benesse House, Lee Ufan Museum and Ando Museum are among the attractions of Naoshima Island.
8. Best Things To Do In Japan – Dive underwater in Okinawa
The largest island region of the Ryukyus, Okinawa is considered the healthiest place in the world with more than 450 residents over the age of 100. Towards the tourism industry, the vibrant blue-sea island has plenty of diving spots.
The Blue Cave at Cape Maeda is said to be one of the best places to dive. In addition to extreme sports, you can also explore the natural and cultural heritage of the island in your spare time.
9. Best Things To Do In Japan – Sightseeing Shin-Yokohama Ramen Museum
Shin-Yokohama Rāmen Museum is the world’s first food-themed amusement park. Established in 1994, this museum is dedicated to Japan’s iconic food – ramen! The museum has two parts: the basement is 1:1 models of the streets of Shitamachi village where ramen first became popular; and a gallery on the first floor that takes you through the history of ramen in Japan.
10. Best Things To Do In Japan – Walk around Golden Gai’s golden district.
Golden Gai is a wonderful local area, located in a small corner of Shinijuku city, Tokyo. This neighborhood is fortunately not redeveloped and still retains its old beauty. The many bars along the 6 dark and packed alleys make for a great bar complex. The chic Albatross, friendly Zucca, and Bar Darling are definitely worth a visit.
With a combination of modern and traditional cultures, rich nature, unique cuisine, and hospitality, Japan is a great travel destination where you can experience a wide range of interesting activities! To help you plan a perfect trip to Japan without missing any interesting things, we have compiled a list of 10 best things to do in japan for your first time travel. Hope you found this article helpful. Wish you have a good trip!